"Today Is Tomorrow's History"
Hello I’m Doug and I’m a UK based photographer focussed on the environment and sustainability. I consider myself to be both a photographer and an environmentalist. I started working in the environmental industry when I first left school so my association with it goes a long way back.
I’m based in Surrey but being a location photographer I travel extensively creating environmental portraits, landscapes and reportage images for a businesses in a range of industries but all with a common focus on sustainability and our carbon footprint. I love nothing more than using or creating beautiful lighting with a great idea to compose and develop strong photographic images, often showing how mankind interacts with the natural environment.
If you’re running a sustainability focussed organisation and want to know how I can help you to increase your audience engagement and ultimately win more business through using quality content then let’s talk.
- DBS Checked
- Accredited member of the Association Of Photographers
- 20+ Years of experience
- Multiple award winner
- HND in Photography from Newcastle College of Art & Design
- Winner Edition365 Awards 2021
- Nominee 14th Color Awards 2021
- Nominee 15th Annual Spider Black and White Awards
- Winner - Portrait Of Britain 2020
- Portrait Salon 2019
Portrait Salon 2018
- Finalist AOP Photographers Awards 2016
- Honourable Mention: 10th Annual Black & White Spider Awards
- Winner: Association of Photographers (AOP) Portrait Category of the Assistants Awards 2008
- Finalist: AOP Open Awards 2006
- Finalist: AOP Assistants Awards 2007, Landscape Category
- Highly Commended: Landscape Photographer of the Year 2007
- Nominee: 6th Annual Photography Masters Cup, Portrait category
- Nominee: 5th Annual Photography Masters Cup, Portrait & Fine Art category
- Nominee: 3rd Annual Photography Masters Cup, Portrait category
- My client list includes Compass Group, Sky, Elysium Healthcare, Kinetec Medical Products, Diageo, BT, PwC, UKAS, International Environmental Technology, Signal Group, LSE, RW Baird, Puma and University Of Birmingham
- I have had my work exhibited at the National Theatre in London, Sadlers Wells and the Truman Brewery. I have also had two solo exhibitions; the first called the Spirit Of Brooklands, was a series of night-scapes of the remains of the Brooklands Motor Racing Circuit in Surrey; the second a series of portraits of the inhabitants of the Borough Of Runnymede, called Portraits Of Runnymede. I have also been featured on the BBC News website, the Top Gear website, as well as several regional news websites.
t: 07711 545813