"Today Is Tomorrow's History"
To visually record the world and our interaction with it
To help the environment to flourish
Focussing on the world around us and how we live in and use the environment as part of our daily lives, my photography includes environmental location portraits; reportage photographs of life and the way we use the planet to live our lives; as well as imagery that show the natural landscape and the manmade environment and how they interact with each other.
My passion for the environment was nurtured from an early stage of my career when I worked for a company supplying equipment that measured air pollution at a time when there wasn’t an environmental industry. In fact I recall a discussion I had with an environmental science Professor who was an advisor to the government at the time, and I remember him telling me that the government wanted an environmental industry, which was quite revolutionary back then.
Combining photography and environmental issues to become a specialist environmental location photographer was a natural and almost inevitable consequence of my life’s interests. With a renewed focus on the environment and initiatives such as Net Zero emissions, Build Back Better, Earth Day and the Sustainable Developments Goals I aim to use photography to help make the world a greener and more sustainable place, where we treat the planet as our home rather than a dumping ground for all our gaseous and solid waste products.
Get in touch to discuss how I can help you increase your visual impact in a crowded digital world.
- DBS Checked
- Accredited member of the Association Of Photographers
- HND in Photography from Newcastle College of Art & Design
I have had my work exhibited at the National Theatre in London, Sadlers Wells and the Truman Brewery. I have also had two solo exhibitions; the first called the Spirit Of Brooklands, was a series of night-scapes of the remains of the Brooklands Motor Racing Circuit in Surrey; the second a series of portraits of the inhabitants of the Borough Of Runnymede, called Portraits Of Runnymede. I have also been featured on the BBC News website, the Top Gear website, as well as several regional news websites.
- Nominee 14th Color Awards 2021
- Nominee 15th Annual Spider Black and White Awards
- Winner - Portrait Of Britain 2020
- Portrait Salon 2019
Portrait Salon 2018
- Finalist AOP Photographers Awards 2016
- Honourable Mention: 10th Annual Black & White Spider Awards
- Winner: Association of Photographers (AOP) Portrait Category of the Assistants Awards 2008
- Finalist: AOP Open Awards 2006
- Finalist: AOP Assistants Awards 2007, Landscape Category
- Highly Commended: Landscape Photographer of the Year 2007
- Nominee: 6th Annual Photography Masters Cup, Portrait category
- Nominee: 5th Annual Photography Masters Cup, Portrait & Fine Art category
- Nominee: 3rd Annual Photography Masters Cup, Portrait category
My client list includes Compass Group, Sky, Elysium Healthcare, Kinetec Medical Products, Diageo, BT, PwC, UKAS, International Environmental Technology, Signal Group, LSE, RW Baird, Puma and University Of Birmingham
t: 07711 545813